More of a cheerleader than a gymnast? PERFECT. Powerhouse is extremely proud to offer our Cheer Tumbling Program.
Powerhouse All-Star Cheerleading
Powerhouse Gymnastics is PROUD to offer 5 different level competitive cheerleading squads. All stars is an excellent introduction to the competitive sport of cheerleading. It’s a great way for athletes to learn new skills, foster teamwork, and develop a sense of sportsmanship and pride while making life-long friendships. We offer teams for ages 4-17 year olds. Practices range from 3-6 hours per week (depending on the team).
Teams and Levels:
SPARKS: Tiny Novice Level
- Sparks is a Novice level team for younger athletes who have no all star cheer experience: complete beginners! Ages range from 4-6 years old.
IGNITE: Mini Level 1
- Ignite is a level 1 team built for athletes with some tumbling skills but still fairly new to the all star cheerleading world. Ages range from 5-8 years old.
EXPLOSION: Youth Level 1
- Explosion is a level 1 team more elite to tumbling skills. Rolls, back walkovers, and front walkovers. Ages range from 6-11 years old.
BOMBERS: Junior Level 2
- Bombers is a junior level 2 team consisting pf back handsprings, standing back handsprings, and jump to back handsprings. Ages range from 7-14 years old.
CHAOS: Senior Level 2
- Chaos is a senior level 2 team consisting of the same skills as the Junior level team-the difference is age. This class is offered to 11-17 years old.
Cheer Tumbling Classes
BRONZE: 4 and up
Intro to cheer tumbling including basic tumbling skills such as forward rolls, t-jumps, progressions to backward rolls, cartwheel, handstands and bridge kick over.
SILVER: 4 and up
Beginning cheer tumbling up to and including some skills for level 1 all stars team requirements. Classes will work on skills such as backward rolls, handstands to bridge, cartwheel, cartwheel step ins, star jumps, toe touch, and more.
GOLD: 6 and up
Intermediate cheer tumbling up to and including some skills required for level 1 and 2 all stars team. Classes will work on skills such as back extension rolls, round offs, dive rolls, toe touch, right and left hurdler, back walk overs, handstand to forward rolls and more.
PLATINUM: 6 and up
Intermediate cheer tumbling up to and including some skills for level 2 and 3 all stars team requirements. Classes will work on standing back handsprings, front walk overs, t-jump to BHS and more.
DIAMOND: 6 and up
Advanced cheer tumbling up to and including skills for level 3 all stars team requirements. Classes will work on aerials, standing back tuck, standing back handspring back tuck, triple toe touch whipped, toe touch to back tuck, and more.